Kirkwall is the capital of Orkney and our delightful location is just between the East and West mainland. As such, we've had plenty of Norse visitors throughout history and offer some great historical and archaeological sites. Of course, our fantastic geography means there's plenty of geological and natural interest around here too, as well as some delightful Orkney activities.
• St. Magnus International Festival
• Orkney International Science Festival
• Orkney County Show
• Boat charters for island touring
• Fishing and golf
Staying with us in Kirkwall offers you many advantages if you're touring our lovely islands:
• Convenient access to the Shetland and Aberdeen ferries
• Great base for cycling in the area (we offer secure cycle storage too)
• Very easy access to the centre of Kirkwall
• Excellent access to tourist and local facilities
• A peaceful stopping-off point for Highland tours, exploration and activity holidays
• The medieval architecture of St. Magnus
• The Bishop's and Earl's Palaces
• The Highland Park Distillery and Visitor
• Skara Brae
Great access to local Orkney activities, events and amenities
Hope to see you soon!
"This is a place worth staying at"